Sitemap| Contact | Language: English Deutsch


You are here: Home / Service Providers / Sights / Munich Upper Bavaria / Details

The English Garden

in 80538 Munich, Bavaria (DE)

In 1789 Elector Carl Theodor began transforming the hunting grounds on the Isar into a public park in the classic landscape garden style. The first designer was the American-born Sir Benjamin Thomson (who subsequently became Count Rumford).

Initial plantings, the Chinese Tower and the Lake, the Kleinhesseloher See, were completed in 1804. Friedrich Ludwig Sckell, who was responsible for the court gardens, took over the project, modifying the plans in accordance with the principles of English garden design. The small Monopteros, built on an artificial hill, is the work of Leo von Klenze.

Details

park / zoo / nature reserve
Regions: Munich Upper Bavaria, Upper Bavaria
Groups from 5 to 50 persons
  • Suitable for coach groups
  • Disabled accessible
  • Suitable for pensioners

Openings

open at all times
Ask for more Information

Link to the official tourist information site of the region Allgäu Lint to the official website of the touristic region of Upper Bavaria This marketing has been co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).

Copyright © 2006-2009 by Allgäu Marketing GmbH / TV Oberbayern e.V. , all rights reserved - created by SalesGuide24.de
Quick links to: