Sitemap| Contact | Language: English Deutsch


Linderhof Palace and Park

in 82488 Ettal, Bavaria (DE)

Linderhof Palace, the \"Royal Villa\" of Ludwig II, originated as a hunting lodge belonging to his father Maximilian II – the \"Königshäuschen\".

It was enlarged by Georg Dollmann between 1870 and 1872 with a U-shaped complex centred on the King’s Bedchamber. Like its predecessor, the new building was a wooden post-and-infill construction. It was not until 1874 that the exterior façade was clad in stone, and the old hunting lodge was taken down and rebuilt in the park. The palace was then completed with the Hall of Mirrors and Staircase and furnished in the style of the "second Rococo" period.

Details

Castles / locks, park / zoo / nature reserve
Regions: Zugspitz region (Upper Bavaria), Upper Bavaria
Languages spoken: German
Ask for more Information

Link to the official tourist information site of the region Allgäu Lint to the official website of the touristic region of Upper Bavaria This marketing has been co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).

Copyright © 2006-2009 by Allgäu Marketing GmbH / TV Oberbayern e.V. , all rights reserved - created by SalesGuide24.de
Quick links to: